skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- Arts in Health: A field of practice whereby the engagement with arts and culture has therapeutic health and wellbeing outcomes.
- Evaluation Framework: A methodology by which an arts and cultural organisation can record and analyse how effective an arts intervention was.
- GLA: Greater London Authority.
- GP: General Practitioners. Doctor surgeries and health care centres are often referred to as ‘GPs’.
- LAH: London Arts and Health Forum. We are a free members organisation representing arts in health practitioners and medical professionals working in the arts and cultural sector. Part of LAH is our annual Creativity and Wellbeing Week, and our Partner Up website, connecting organisations together to work on social prescribing or fundraising initiatives.
- Link Worker/Community Connector: Link workers and community connectors are often embedded in local PCNS and provide activities such as arts and culture on prescription to patients referred to social prescribing.
- PCNS: Primary Care Networks. PCNS refer to groups of, for example, GP practices in the UK that pool and share resources such as link workers.
- VCS: Voluntary and community sector organisations. These third sector organisations are charities and not for profits designed to help communities.
- ICS: Integrated Care Systems. ICSs are new partnerships between the organisations that meet health and care needs across an area, to coordinate services and to plan in a way that improves population health and reduces inequalities between different groups. See map below to show how London has been split into 5 ICS.